There are a number of auto body shops that offer car detailing services, but keep in mind that not all of them are created equal. You may find that a certain auto body shop will be much better at servicing your vehicle than others, and there are some who can offer affordable prices than most. There are certainly many factors to consider when it comes to choosing an auto detailer, and though the following criteria is by no means a comprehensive one, they should be enough to help you find the perfect auto detailer to suit your needs and requirements.
One of the factors you’ll need to consider when looking for a car detailing shop are the services they offer. If you are looking for an ordinary car wash and vacuuming, then you may consider an auto body shop that offers modest detailing services. However, if you are in need of a complete interior and exterior auto detailing which includes waxing and polishing and all the works, then you should be looking at bigger shops with more technicians and specialised tools and equipment. Cosmetic repairs like those offered by a panel beater is not usually included in detailing services, but there are auto body shops who can do them for you just in case you need it in order to restore your vehicle’s blemish-free look.
As with all other services like collision repair or accident repair, different auto body shops will have different pricing when it comes to their auto detailing services. Still, it should be noted that as with other expenses, you get what you pay for. That being said, it is always a good idea to spend a little more as long as it can guarantee a professionally done job. If you are looking for ways to save on your auto detailing expenses, you should keep your eyes open for special offers. Some auto detailing shops will offer special discounts on certain days of the month, or even to certain people (i.e. lady drivers, senior citizens, etc.).
One of the best ways to know just how professional and reliable an auto body shop that offers auto detailing is by reading reviews and testimonials. Many auto body shops will readily tell you that they are the best in your area, but you shouldn’t take their word for it. On the other hand, customer reviews are unbiased most of the time, and they should be able to tell you both the pros and cons of a certain auto body shop. Talk to family or friends who has been to an auto detailer you are interested in and ask about their experience with that auto detailer. You can also go online and look at websites and forums since some of them will have something to say about auto detailers in your area, just like when they have some comments about smash repair in Newtown.
If you are still on the fence about whether or not you should take your vehicle to an auto body shop for auto detailing, consider the following benefits of professional auto detailing.
A Healthier Car Interior. Food crumbs, dirt, dust, allergens—these are just some of the things that accumulate inside a car’s interiors, especially in the nooks and crannies of car seats and the carpets. Needless to say, all these things can have a negative impact on the overall health of the vehicles’ driver and passengers. Regular auto detailing care of a reputable auto body shop eliminates the presence of these things.
Professional Clean. Of course you always have the option of cleaning your car yourself, but why go through all the trouble when you can have someone else do it for you for a minimal fee. Besides, there is a huge difference between a DIY cleaning compared to a professional auto detailing from a reputable auto body shop. With the latter, you can be sure that your car is cleaned thoroughly inside and outside. Professional auto detailers make use of special tools and cleaning equipment which are not available to common car owners, and are trained in the proper way of detailing so as not to leave any swirls or scratches on your car’s paint.
Improved Resale Value. Many car owners find the need to replace their vehicles at some point, and for them the most practical thing to do would be to sell their current vehicles. If you are contemplating about selling your vehicle any time in the future, then professional regular auto detailing from a reputable auto body shop is a must. Many car buyers are willing to pay a premium for vehicles that are still in pristine condition, and auto detailing can help to protect your vehicle’s paint and interiors from wear and tear, thus keeping it looking just like new. In addition, many sellers have found that cars that have been through regular auto detailing sells faster than those that haven’t.
As mentioned earlier, vehicular collisions can be quite disconcerting. The entire experience is jarring in itself. But, when you have to deal with a damaged car and even worse, some injuries, the situation can be extremely distressing and inconvenient. Many people find it hard to drive as fluently as they did prior to the collision. This is especially so in case the collision is very serious. But, other car owners resume driving as soon as their vehicle becomes roadworthy again.
Selecting a reputable and well established body shop for repairing your vehicle is very important. Such shops will usually feature a number of repair technicians and specialists. More importantly, these individuals will have experience in almost every area of automotive repair. For instance, some people will be adept at beating damaged panels back into place. Similarly, other workers will have experience in ensuring that none of the repainted panels appears out of sync with the originally painted panels of the vehicle. These professionals will usually have specialised skills and immense experience in restoring and repairing cars. They will combine these attributes with state-of-the-art equipment. This fusion is what enables them to give even the shabbiest of cars a swanky makeover.
When it comes to carrying out cost effective accident repairs, Marrickville Prestige Smash Repairs is the name to trust. We specialise in providing the best smash repairs in Sydney. Unlike other car repair shops, we can repair cars of almost all makes and models. Our experienced staff possess the skills and the knowledge acquired over many years. This enables them to repair any kind of car you own with minimal fuss. Our extensive experience and high quality work have made us one of the best providers of accident repair services in the area. We have been serving our clients for about 35 years. This gives us an ironclad reputation in the industry. We strive to maintain our reputation with every job that we touch.
We’re a family owned business. As such, we operate from one of Sydney’s leading industrial business centres. We know the value of a vehicle in the day to day life of the average Australian. This is why we do not merely focus on providing top class repair services. We focus on minimising the disruption that the lack of a car typically leads to in the lives of our clients as well. Customer focus is at the core of our mission. So, we ensure that we return your car in perfect condition. Unlike others, we repair vehicles in the least amount of time possible. And, with us, you can rest assured about the road worthiness of your vehicle. Along with individual clients, we carry out fleet management work as well. For more details on this, click here.
Many automotive part manufacturers produce plastic bumpers. They design these bumpers in a manner so as to make them flexible. This flexibility carries a lot of significance. It gives the bumpers the capability of absorbing the impact before popping back into place. As such, not many vehicular collisions necessitate the need to repair or even, replace the bumper of the vehicle. Unfortunately, this is not the case with the paint on the bumper. Even the most minor collisions can damage the paint on the bumper. Some people might feel that repairing this will involve depositing the car at a reliable repair shop. But, this is not the case. In many cases, vehicle owners have the ability to repair damaged or cracked paint on the bumper of their cars by themselves. However, not all car owners are comfortable in dealing with automotive repairs. Hence, it’s probably best that you hire professionals for the job.
Professional repair technicians will repair paint cracks in bumpers by:
- Washing the bumper thoroughly with a sponge soaked in warm water and soap for removing the dirt, debris and grime
- Removing the bumper from the vehicle by removing the nuts and bolts that secure it
- Sanding the damaged painted areas of the bumper with (usually) 60-grit sandpaper until the area is even and smooth with the surrounding areas of the bumper
- Filling the cracks with a flexible auto filler and leave it to dry
- For this, the panel beaters and repair technicians will refer to the stamp on the bumper that identifies the materials the supplier used for the bumper in your vehicle
- This stamp will usually feature two or four digits such as PP, PPO, PUR or TPUR
- Sanding the affected area with 80-grit sandpaper and wiping the bumper with a cloth for removing any dust
- Sanding the entire bumper lightly with 120-grit sandpaper for roughening the surface of the bumper
- This usually makes the surface of the bumper facilitate better adhesion for the paint
- Applying several light coats of automotive primer to the bumper in a back and forth manner by holding the nozzle about six to eight inches above the bumper
- It is worth mentioning that the painting technicians will need to ensure that they apply the primer smoothly and evenly
- The application of several light coats of primer eliminate the issues of running and dripping
- Sanding the primed bumper lightly (after the primer has dried) with 400-grit sandpaper
- Applying several light coats of the base colour to the bumper in a manner similar to the one where the painters applied the primer
- Attaching the bumper back to the vehicle once the paint is dry and,
- Polishing the bumper with a rubbing compound and a soft cloth
Many people love driving their cars. But, not all of them are experts about their vehicles. As such, when their vehicles sustain damage in collisions, they will deposit their cars at reputable repair shops. Thereafter, they will rely on the professional repair technicians to repair their vehicles and make them roadworthy again. Once they collect their vehicles from the repair shops, they will simply drive them as they used to prior to the collision. This might be useful for ensuring that the vehicle is running smoothly. But, a glaring omission that these individuals often make is that they don’t check their vehicles properly after the repair work is over. Experts opine that this is usually because many people fear that they might never get to drive their cars again. So, when the car goes through repairs and is roadworthy, they don’t think about checking the quality of the Honda or Ford smash repairs. But, this approach is probably not very useful.
When you receive your vehicle, it is essential that you perform some necessary checks. This is particularly so after it has gone through all the necessary repairs. You might not always be able to scrutinise the car in detail. But, will be able to inspect some of the more obvious repair work. This would help you assess the quality of repairs. Doing this will help you become more confident about driving the vehicle. Some aspects that merit a looking over include:
- The Body Work: Car collisions will affect the body of the vehicle. As such, you will need to ensure that the repair technicians have performed the necessary repair work properly. Once you drive away with your vehicle, you will not be able to return to the body shop with complaints about various repairing omissions. For instance, you might not notice any faults in repairing the engine, the brakes or the steering until you revert to your normal driving habits. To eliminate this, you will need to take the vehicle for a spin. This would help you ensure that everything is functioning as it should. Similarly, you will need to look for poor plastic bumper repair. And, you will need to look for instances of shoddy body work too. On finding these, you will need to raise your concerns at the outset. This would enable you to get better value for your money. More importantly, it will help make your vehicle safer for use too.
- The Indicator Lights: You will need to turn your vehicle on and off for a few times. This will help you ensure that the body shop has reset all the indicator lights. These indicator lights typically indicate aspects such as tyre pressure, air bags, the engine and the volume of oil etc.
- The Warranties: Any reputed body shop will provide a complete list of the parts and components that they have repaired or replaced in the course of carrying out smash repairs. Some auto repair shops might not do this. In this scenario, you’ll need to ask the garage for the warranties for any new parts that they installed. Similarly, you’ll need to check whether they replaced any parts that a warranty actually covered. This will enable you to stretch the payment from your insurance company to as far as possible. File all the repair paperwork safely. You might need it at a later date for additional warranty information.
The charm and convenience of having a car of your own can be too hard to resist. Having a car enables you to manage your daily commute with minimal fuss. In addition, carrying out all kinds of errands, even at the last minute, often tends to become easier when you have your own vehicle. Given this backdrop, it is easy to understand why numerous Australians own at least one vehicle. However, the increasing numbers of vehicles on the roads also increases the probability of collisions taking place. Whether your vehicle crashes into a tree or scrapes past another vehicle, the impact will undoubtedly damage the body of the car. In many cases, car collisions are not serious. At the most, they might involve some cosmetic damage to the exterior surface of the car. The fact that no person sustained injuries will undoubtedly gladden the people involved in the collision. But, any collision will involve incurring some expenses towards repairing the vehicle too.
Some of the most common smash repairs that repair technicians typically address include:
- Windshield Replacements: This is one of the most common components of a vehicle that requires replacing following a collision. A vast number of collisions are head-on collisions. The impact of the collision often results in the development of cracks all over the windshield. In the past, head-on impacts often resulted in shattering the windscreens. Today, windshield suppliers offer high quality products that do not shatter in the event of a collision. Instead, they result in the formation of spider web-like cracks in the windshield. For a vehicle to be roadworthy, the windshield will need to be intact. It will need to provide complete visibility without any cracks or chips. This will necessitate the need for professional repairs as opposed to quick-fix ‘Do It Yourself’ (DIY) repairs.
- The Quarter Panels (Front and Rear): In many motor vehicle collisions, the quarter panels end up taking a lot of beating. Thus, crunched front panels are quite common in many collisions. You cannot afford to overlook repairing these panels. If you do, you will probably end up damaging the tyres on your car. In some cases, you might find that your taillights and turn signal panels are not working as well. This is why it’s good to replace the quarter panels when they sustain damage.
- The Hood and the Fender: Head-on collisions will invariably damage the front end of the vehicle. As a result, the hood, the front fender, the radiator and the headlights might require some repairs. It is worth highlighting that driving without repairing the damage could imperil your life. This is because vehicles damaged in head-on collisions often tend to be structurally unsafe. In some cases, the damage could make the car overheat. Alternatively, it could lead to malfunctioning signals and / or headlights. Similarly, the hood could become loose and open when you’re on the road.
- The Paintwork: Many Inner City smash repairs typically involve some fresh paintwork. In some cases, repair technicians replace panels and hoods with used panels obtained from other vehicles. But, finding such perfectly matching used panels can be a rare occurrence. No car owner would want to drive a car that features mismatched auto panels. Hence, you’ll need to visit a specialist body shop that can ensure that the repaired panels of your vehicle match evenly with the older panels on it.
More often than not, your car becomes a reflection of you, and as unappealing as it sounds, people will form their impressions and opinions of you based on the car you drive. That being said, it only makes sense that you’ll want to keep and drive a clean and nice looking vehicle, especially if you use it for your business. Bringing your vehicle for auto detailing in an auto body shop or even in an Inner City smash repair shop can help you to achieve this and more. A car wash does the job of cleaning your vehicle, but for a more in-depth clean and sanitation, auto detailing is a must.
Marrickville Prestige Smash Repairs, as a reputable shop that offers smash repairs in Newtown, offers car detailing for vehicles of all makes and models. We provide the highest-quality, automotive detailing service because we understand that car owners treat their cars as prized possessions and they want to keep its showroom condition as long as possible.
In addition to car detailing, we also offer a host of other services like SMART repairs, smash repairs, vehicle painting, panel beater services and several others. We pride ourselves for being an all-in-one auto body shop that has been serving Sydney for more than 35 years.
Whether you are looking for car detailing, mechanical repairs, or smash repairs in Sydney, you can count on us to help you out. It’s our goal to have your car back to you in the least amount of time with our quick and efficient mechanics and technicians. Get in touch with us 1300 466 777 or leave a message in our contact page for more information about our range of services.
Protection from the Elements
Aside from keeping your vehicle healthy and sanitary, another important reason why you should bring your vehicle for auto detailing is to give it more protection against the elements. As you drive your vehicle, you are exposing it to a variety of harmful elements that can harm its cosmetic appeal. The ultra violet rays from the sun, acid rain, road salt and others can negatively affect your vehicle’s appearance and make it look old and worn.
All vehicles come with a clear coat finish which is said to provide protection for your vehicle’s paint, but a clear coat can only do so much. It is still necessary that you have your vehicle waxed at least twice a year. Good quality wax applied by professional and experienced auto detailers will not only help your vehicle’s paint look a lot glossier and shinier, but it also helps to protect your vehicle’s paint from oxidation and contaminants and keeps it from looking faded.
Increase Your Car’s Resale Value
With the exception of a few vehicle owners, we can’t always expect keep and use the same vehicle forever. Inevitably, we’ll have to sell our old vehicles or trade them in for a new and more efficient one. However, selling or trading your vehicle isn’t always an easy process, and that’s not just the paperwork and documentation, but also the difficulty of finding a buyer who’s willing to pay you the price you want.
Vehicles coated with dirt and grime both on the outside and the inside do not only sell for less, but rarely gets sold at all. In general, knowledgeable vehicle buyers associate a dirty exterior and interior with lack of responsibility and regular maintenance, and thus form the impression that other important components of the vehicle like the engine are also neglected. These are often reasons enough for a prospective vehicle buyer to be hesitant when it comes to purchasing a used vehicle. The buyer becomes even more hesitant if the car just obviously came from collision repairs like CGU smash repairs, Ford smash repairs, or Honda smash repairs.
On the other hand, a clean and crisp looking vehicle both inside and out gives the buyer an impression that the vehicle is well-maintained and cared for, thus making it easier for you to sell it. Thus, consider bringing your vehicle to an auto body shop for auto detailing prior to the sale. When your vehicle’s wheels, rims and upholstery looks to be in mint condition, you should have very little trouble selling the car, and you may even sell it at a higher price than you first intended.
Auto detailing is more than just washing and vacuuming your vehicle, although those are basically some of the things that happen when you avail of the service. It may seem that the only real purposed of auto detailing is purely cosmetic, there are several other benefits that come with the service, and some of these benefits are pretty important in their own sense.
See Your Vehicle’s Needs in More Detail
When you see a dirty vehicle, the first problem that you see is cleanliness. However, some vehicle’s may have deeper problems that simply dirt alone. A knowledgeable and experienced auto detailer will be able to help you spot any problems with your vehicle as they conduct their inspection and assessment. They can tell you which parts and areas will need some serious cleaning, replacement or repainting. They can suggest a dent, collision repair or accident repair, interior panelling, rust proofing and several other processes that can help improve your vehicle’s aesthetics, performance and longevity. Depending on the auto detailing shop and the expert looking at your vehicle, the recommendations you get may vary, but you can be sure that all the suggestions you will get are tailored specifically to meet your vehicle’s specific needs. With an auto detailer, you will have a better idea of what issues are affecting your vehicle aside from dirt and grime.
Promotes Good Health
Your vehicle’s interiors, whether you like it or not, is also home a variety of germs and bacteria. The dust, food crumbs and other dirt and debris makes your vehicle a conducive home for these microscopic organisms. Needless to say, this creates an unhealthy environment for you and your passengers. If you find yourself constantly sniffing and sneezing, then you should consider having your vehicle’s interiors cleaned.
Professional auto detailers understand the health risks involved with driving an unkempt vehicle, and thus pour time and effort in ensuring that every bit of dirt and debris is removed. The cleaning process usually involves vacuuming the carpets and upholstery to remove the dirt, and then the interior is sanitised using cleaning agents and solutions made specifically for this purpose.
Maintaining a vehicle entails a lot of work—from oil changes to tire replacements and so on. If you own a car, a van or a truck, bringing your vehicle to an auto body shop for regular maintenance and checks will be a part of your routine. However, there is one maintenance activity that many vehicle owners often forget, and that is auto detailing. But what is auto detailing and why is it so important for a vehicle owner?
What Is Auto Detailing?
Many vehicle owners often mistake auto detailing for customisation. They often think that when they take their vehicle to an auto body shop and avail of auto detailing services, it involves the installation of some decals or vinyl or painting the vehicle with some form of artwork.
Auto detailing, in its most basic sense, is a thorough cleaning of your vehicle and making sure that it looks at its best after the process, down to the very last detail. Most auto body shops as well as some shops that offer smash repairs in Sydney will offer both exterior detailing and interior detailing, which as their names suggests, are cleaning services for the outside and inside of your vehicles.
The very first thing that people notice when they see any vehicle is its exteriors. This is why many auto detailers in reputable auto body shop devote a substantial amount of time and effort into exterior detailing since not only do they want to make the vehicle look clean but make it look as closely to what it was when it was brand new. Auto detailers will work on the various exterior components of the vehicle such as the tires, rims, windows and others.
There are several processes involved in exterior detailing. First off would be the washing and drying stage where detailers will use a high-power washer and mild detergent to remove dirt and debris from the vehicle’s surface. This is followed by clay work which involves the use of a clay bar to remove contaminants that weren’t removed during the washing process. After this, the vehicle is polished to give it a nice shine and then a sealant and wax is applied to further make the vehicle glossy and give it protection against the elements.
Interior detailing, as the name suggests, refers to cleaning the inside of the vehicle. Here, auto detailers in the auto body shop will vacuum the flooring and upholstery including the panels and glove compartments. Scrubbing and shampooing may also be conducted and is in fact necessary to ensure that germs and bacteria are eliminated. Once this is done, the vehicle goes through another set of vacuuming for a more thorough clean, and then deodorizer is used to help the vehicle smell fresh and clean.